Wednesday 3 March 2010

Back home

Hi everyone,

I flew back into London yesterday morning at the bright and early time of 4.30am. It felt like just the afternoon in Australian time though so it wasn't so bad. A day and a half of flying can seriously muck up the sleep pattern..

Looking back at the training I'm totally chuffed with how it went to be honest. I don't think we could be much more prepared than we are now and that is a really good feeling. After packing everything into the container on Saturday there was even a feeling of 'what now?' as we'd now well and truly ticked the job list right off.

I'm really pleased with how the crew has bonded together as that is totally vital for a project like this and I can guarantee with the crew that we have we'll most certainly have an crazy lot of laughs on board.

As I had a couple of days to spare before I flew back to London I hopped over to Hobart to catch up on some friends I had made whilst staying there on my world voyage. I had a great time and had loads of laughs. I think Don and Margie's rabbit called Noddy remembered me..

I've got a lot of things happening this month before I fly back out to Australia, mainly cantered around the launch of my book 'Sailing the Dream' on the 18th of March. I'll keep you guys updated in due course.

Thanks for all the good wishes I received whilst I was laid up with appendicitis. I am now feeling fine, but have been told not to do any heavy lifting for a bit.

Mike

9 comments:

  1. good to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back at Potters Bar now safe and sound even though not as complete as whenyou left ; ) About the no heavy lifting, I am rather sure that DOES NOT include a broom, vaccuum cleaner or cleaning your room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back Mike. I was getting EXTREMLY lonely on here by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Mike,welcome home. Hope the body clock readjusts quickly. By all accounts sounds like you had a pretty rewarding trip (all things considered!) Roll on the start date! Best wishes for your book launch. Any book signings planned? Cheers. Neil A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for your book, I've read just about every other 'round the world book', and I think yours should be awesome; you're a great writer. I also have to say I think this Bounty boat adventure is beyond insane. Sailing a safe, modern boat around the world is one thing, but this adventure seems a little too extreme. I'm confident you will all make it unscathed, but I can't imagine it will be all that much fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Timothy Brenninkmeijer (NL)6 March 2010 at 15:09

    Hi Mike,
    Welcome home again and thx for your big support and interest and sure we appreciate that so much.
    We are also following your next challenge with more than full attention.
    Cool greets to your mom and dad and sister.
    Bye bye and see you,
    Timo, Nadalie, parents and grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Mike
    Let's see, last year at this time you were floating around on an ocean somewhere pretending to read the driving manual and looking forward to the day when you got your license. Well, you have had that license for some months now and the freedom that goes with it. Now you are embarking on a new milestone age wise - Number 18. WOW, You're getting to be such and old man now LOL.

    Hope mum/dad/fiona and your friends have something special planned if you can fit it in with all your book related activities in the coming days to say nothing of this next little boat excursion : ).

    You really are a special guy and a huge inspiration to a lot of people. Here's wishing you many, many more great birthdays.

    Jim near Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mike,
    Congratulations on your 18th birthday, sure also to your parents and sister Fiona.
    We wish you a very special lovely day together with your parents, sister, family, and friends.
    Needless to say that we are close with you in our minds.
    We also want to thank you for all your support and attention, which means a lot to Timo, Nadalie and all of us.
    With warm and very special greetings and hugs, from Timo, Nadalie, parents Lennart and Saara-Jane, and grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. best wishes for the bounty boat,
    i am very jealous as i would love to do such a trip in the tropics!
    good luck from the A1 steam loco trust, the new mainline steam engine 'Tornado',
    ps hope to see you at hatchards tomorrow for
    the book!

    ReplyDelete