Monday 10 May 2010

Off to meet Jess

Hi all,

Excitingly, I'm jumping on a plane on tuesday to fly out to Australia
to see Jessica Watson return home into Sydney. To say I'm excited
about this would definitely be a understatement. Jesse will have been
away from home for over 200 days on her own which is a pretty darn
long time and it's going to be great fun to be in the thick of things
in Sydney.

Today I went and did a talk to a group of scouts who are now hoping to
raise funds to go to an international jamboree. It was great fun
talking to them and I really hope that their fundraising goes well.

Yesterday I did a small book signing at a local Waterstones book shop
in St Albans which was really nice as I was able to chat to some of
the people there and share my story.

When I get back from Australia I'll tell you all about it.

Mike

8 comments:

  1. I 'know' it is going to be a fun trip for you ; ) and what a neat opportunity for you. Very long trip to be sure but will be awesome once you get there and she crosses over the starting/finish line then on into the harbor with all the fanfare. I'm chauffed for you.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth (UK)10 May 2010 at 22:15

    How exciting; have a great time Mike. Hope you post some photos when you get home. :)

    Have a safe journey. Best wishes.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun down there Mike...safe flight.

    Dan near Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg my friend told me about you and so i found the website and have been reading it all day! so so cool. have fun in australia!

    Liz USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corentin (France)14 May 2010 at 21:35

    I saw your wonderful course in a French television program, I'm really impressed by what you did!
    I am an amateur and I browser the same age as you, you really had the courage to leave your family and loved ones!
    All these sacrifices are worth it anyway!

    Sorry for my english, I hope that you have understand what I want to say ... ;)
    Regards from France, Corentin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Mike, so pleased you will/were at Jessica's homecoming. A fantastic achievment. Have fun and I look forward to reading your comments on your return. Cheers. Neil A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mike,

    Give her a big huge giant hug from France, I'll be back in Australia soon but couldn t make it for her return. I'm really happy you go there and support her, she did great, she smiles, she's natural and she's a beautiful young girl.
    All the best,

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike - was awesome watching you board Pink Lady and take much of the load off Jess so she could savor the final few miles into the harbor. I emailed your parents saying you were quite the professional as you took over the mic during some of the media interviews as Pink Lady made its way in. Yes, quite the professional. I know great things will come from you and Jessica. All of you, Jesse, Zac, Abby, Jessica and, of course, you are all great inspiration to a lot of people.

    "Come on Mike, you can do this".

    You have proven your infamous quote quite accurate again and again not only for you, but for others as well.

    Thanks,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete