Monday 26 April 2010

The parents came home

Hi all,

My week of no parents ended unfortunately when they somehow got the
train all the way home from Italy thanks to the good old volcano
popping up in iceland. It's good to have them back though as the house
is now back to it's usual state.

I was very lucky to be invited on board the TS Jack Petchey for a sail
down the Thames with a group of cadets from all the 10 cadet
organisations out there last week which was great fun! It was great to
meet Jack himself and we had a good chat about all sorts of random
things which was a laugh. It is a real honour to be working with an
organisation such as the Jack Petchey Foundation and it's fantastic to
see that though the hard work they're doing loads of young people are
being inspired to go that extra step.

I've been cracking on and still catching up with loads of college work
recently which I'm pleased to see is really progressing nicely. Also
what I'm totally dead chuffed about is how hot it is these days, it
feels like summer and I'm totally and madly excited about it! I was
out cutting the lawn this morning and it was brilliant to be able to
do so in bright sunshine and just a t-shirt.

I had a meeting with a large production company this week to talk
about some of my other future ideas which was really interesting and
we'll be seeing where that leads us...

I've been eagerly following everything happening with the Talisker
BountyBoat Expedition and I'm very excited for the guys out there who
are about to set off on the 28th. I'm a little nervous for them of
course, but gee, I really really wish I could be there participating
too! Just a shame that I fell ill at the time that I did. Good luck to
you guys, and I know you'll be having the adventure of a lifetime!

Mike

2 comments:

  1. hello mike good to hear from you again. Sounds like a fun week. Any ideas you can share about your new potential adventures??

    Brad, Dallas USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would like another lawn to cut, feel free to do ours :)

    this is going to sound weird, but I actually had a dream about you a few days ago (I had just looked at your blog before I went to bed so thats probably why). In it you were cleared for your medical and were going to join the bounty boat crew again, I was shouting at you not to for some reason but you couldn't hear me. Was very weird. Sounds like they are having quite an adventure out there.

    Cant wait to hear what your next adventure will be. Im thinking of planning one myself, perhaps next year, a couple of months travelling around England.

    ReplyDelete