Sunday 3 January 2010

College, documentary & driving - 3rd November 2009



Hi Everyone,

Its been a good fun last 2 weeks here in land locked potters bar. You certainly wouldn't think that I'm a sailor!

I've been ploughing into my college work recently and starting to catch up on what I missed last year and I've also been looking at a couple of university options as I like to keep my options open. I'm not currently sure whether I I want to head off to uni for 3 years or not. We shall see what the future holds...

Excitingly, the documentary comes out this thursday! I've seen it and its looks really really fantastic. A big well done to everyone who has put it together. A special mention must go to Adam who has spent the best part of the last 8 weeks sitting in a edit studio going over and over it! Its showing at 9pm on channel 4 so if you're around, grab a couch and have a look.

I've had a few more driving lessons recently and I'm absolutely loving driving with my BSM instructor Michael. I've been doing hand break turns, skidding round corners, dodging speed cameras and rally driving. Only kidding!

Mike

Reader Comments
Albos :
I love cheese too!!!
07/10/2009 00:06:47

Dan near Toronto :
Hi Mike. Good to hear more of your daily life events again. Sounds like you're having a blast! I was wondering if the "Cutting Edge" episode "Dangerous Seas for Boys" will be made available on DVD for foreign buyers. Unfortunately, Channel 4 is not available in North America even via podcast, so we folks over here will miss what I expect will be an amazing docu. I'd be more than willing to contribute towards your charities, for a chance to have a copy of that program Mike. I'm sure there ar
07/10/2009 01:54:53

Dan near Toronto :
cont't ...I'm sure there are many others overseas who feel the same. Please (time permitting), could you make some inquiries as to availability for us folks on the other side of the pond. Cheers mate Dan
07/10/2009 01:59:40

Jonathan :
I'm really sorry Mike.. but I'm sure like many of your followers on totallymoney.com/sailmike, I'm totally captivated by your next adventure, So you've got me AGAIN as a committed follower and blogger. Can't wait to see the Channel 4 Documentary Watch out for future daft comments to keep you cheerful! Best wishes Jonathan
08/10/2009 02:03:26

Jonathan :
P.S. Motor Neurone Disease. You know the most worthy and important Charities to pick! I wish you all success. JM
08/10/2009 02:08:11

Jonathan (again) ! :
P.P.S To all fellow and future bloggers... I was privileged to spend an evening with Mike and Don McIntyre recently. What a team! I can't help feeling they are completely 'bonkers' attempting the Bounty Boat Expedition - BUT I for one support them Wholeheartedly. Please visit http://www.justgiving.com/bountyboatadventure and show your support for both of them just as you did with The Tall Ships Youth Trust and The NSPCC on Mike's last heroic trip. Jonathan
08/10/2009 02:24:12

johnboi :
Hi everyone, the documentary is THIS WEEK!!! its on the 5 nov, this thursday, not next thursday. It was advertised in the tv guide, there is even a half page section about it. Dont worry I have emailed mike and his dad, cant have him miss his own documentary can we :)
03/11/2009 18:00:18

Mark W :
I've just watched the documentary. It showed some sides of Mike and some events along the way that didn't come through in the calm words in the blog, and made it all much more immediate. I'm even more impressed than I was before: Mike, you really are amazing!
05/11/2009 23:02:11

Mike Diamond :
Well done on all your sailing achievements to date and the adventures yet to come! Really enjoyed your documentary on C4 such a good account of your epic journey.That was one tough challenge,so impressed matey!
05/11/2009 23:11:53

peejay :
Hi Mike just finished watching the Channel 4 stuff. Should be made compulsory viewing for every "hoodie victim "before the courts (Tall Ships Trust ?) My non-sailing wife's comment "OMG how is that wee Australian lassie gonna cope with stuff like that ?"No comment necessary .Till the end young man SUERTE PETER
06/11/2009 01:53:59

Mark :
Great documentary. IMHO not as good as reading it in your own words in your blog but still great see the pictures of the adventures you had going round. "What happens in Panama, stays in Panama". Like it! Is there a book? Will there be one? Will it be ghost written or in Mike's own words? Big respect to Mike!
06/11/2009 12:43:11

Tom williams :
wow life is good for you, just watched the documentery and its amazing, dont know how u coped at times, maybe oneday i will sail the world- wont be yongest- thats for sure ;) great stuff
06/11/2009 23:06:04

Dan near Toronto :
This is driving me crazy. The Cutting Edge show is now over and we aren't going to be able to see it in North America. Grrrr.
07/11/2009 05:40:12

Martin :
Hi Mike, watched the Channel 4 documentary about your circumnavigation of the globe. Just wanted to say you are brilliant and an inspiration to all of us. Well done and keep up the adventures! All the best, Martin.
07/11/2009 11:58:34

Claire Bibby :
Hi Mike. I think what you have done in your life is AMAZING!! I watched your documentary on Thursday and thought it was awsome(kinda scary at points but awsome :D)I was so shocked at how happy you were for the most part, I think I would have been crying the majority of the way. I'm just hoping you write a book, i would defonetly buy it (hint hint lol). I was also wondering if you were going to do any talks about your trip, i think that would be soooo good :)? I sail (in Scotland where I live. lo
07/11/2009 17:24:21

Sam!! :
Ive become quite obsessed with becoming better at sailing since ive heard about you!! Its quite werid, but the things that you have done have inspired me soo much, your simply amazing, what you have achieved is unbelievable, and something that I, nor anybody I know could ever do. Wish I could though, thats why im spuring on up with sailing :)
08/11/2009 22:23:17

Claire Bibby :
Hey Mike. I think what you have done in your life is AMAZING!!! I watched your documentary and it was awsome (a little scary at times but awsome :D). I sail (in Scotland :D) and don't think I could ever do what you have done!! I'm hoping you will bring a book out about you trip, I would defonetly buy it (hint hint lol)! I was also wondering if you were going to be doing any talks at some point?!?! Hope you're enjoying being on dry land :) Love Claire xx
09/11/2009 18:51:43

buy strattera :
this is a cool news. Thank you.
13/12/2009 10:58:11

No comments:

Post a Comment