Sunday 3 January 2010

Driving, talking, mingling - 18th December 2009



Hi everyone,

It's snowing here in Potters Bar as I look out the window in front of me right now! I missed last years snow fall so I'm really excited to see snow this year. Plus as it's snowing before Christmas, maybe we will be in for a treat and get a white Christmas?

The last couple of weeks have been good fun as I've been talking at a couple more primary schools. Its always such a fantastic feeling seeing children's faces light up as I describe to them what the southern ocean can be like in a blow. Washing machine mode basically! I've also visited a couple of senior schools, a scout group, a fire station, a church and a synagogue.

It was with a great bubbly feeling that I passed my Driving test the other day! YEAHH FREEDOM! I've been learning with BSM. All the credit has got to go to them for passing me first time, and to my instructor Michael too! Without his very professional help I would still have my 'L' plates.

I've been doing a lot of tv work recently which has taken up a lot of time, and its been great fun! Not long ago I went to the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year Awards which was really excellent. There were 11,000 people there. Mine and my sisters seats were just 4 rows from the front of the stage! It was great seeing Jenson Button and Michael Schumacher only a few metres away, Dame Kelly Homes a few metres the other and all sorts of other sporting heroes so close by!

I've now broken up for the Christmas holidays so let the fun begin!

Mike
Reader Comments
Neil A. :
Hiya Mike, hearty congrats on passing your driving test! I always feel a little warmth inside when achieving a goal, no matter how big or small. Thought of going for the advanced test later in 2010? With all these celebs you get to meet, any autographs? Have a great family Christmas. Cheers.
18/12/2009 21:19:55

johnboi :
Well done on passing your driving test! No excuse not to visit now :P I can well imagine what your asking your parents for christmas... something with 4 wheels ;) I met Dame Kelly Homes when I was about 11, she is really nice. Sounds like you have had all the fun... and snow, not had that here in dorset... yet! Lots of ice though, my car has been frozen all day. Hope you have a great christmas!
19/12/2009 17:44:45

Dan near Toronto :
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Perham family. It's so good to hear from you Mike. That's excellent news about your driving exam success...congrats mate! I'm very glad you're having so much fun with all your speaking engagements. You are an amazing positive influence on the young kids in the schools that you've visited. Not much space here so I'll just say thanks for your continued posts here and keep us informed mate. Dan
20/12/2009 04:28:36

Yihan :
@Dan near Toronto:The two address you gave me both can not work. The second one says the video has already deleted. But it's really nice that you gave me these addresses , thanks a lot! I guess I can find another one by myself, and thanks again! =D
20/12/2009 13:49:19

Yihan :
Hey Mike! Congratulate that you passed the driving exam! You play a positive role to those kids, and it's really great. How does it feel when snowing? I 've never seen snow before, so I haven't had a white Christmas either. Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Cheers :D
20/12/2009 14:41:54

:
@Yihan: Sorry about the links mate...I also found that one of those no longer works. This one I've just tried (0500GMT 22Dec)and it works for me. http://vidreel.com/video/NTc4MTU1/ You have to click the red button (close me)that's ontop of the video player screen and then click on the white play button (>). If it doesn't work then follow the directions below it..ie install the codec required. This video is a bit jerky at times if your internet speed is slow...it tends to buffer alot for me.
22/12/2009 05:19:37

Dan near Toronto :
last one may not have gone through.. @Yihan: Sorry about the links mate...I also found that one of those no longer works. This one I've just tried (0500GMT 22Dec)and it works for me. http://vidreel.com/video/NTc4MTU1/ You have to click the red button (close me)over top of the play window and then click on the white play button (>). If it doesn't work then follow the directions below ie install the codec required. This video is a bit jerky at times if your internet speed is slow...it tend
22/12/2009 05:21:53

No comments:

Post a Comment