Wednesday 3 February 2010

Off Piste

Hi everyone,

I got back from skiing on Saturday and wow what a good week it was. I went with an old friend of mine Tom and we generally skied down any piste or off piste available which was certainly a good laugh. We were up in the French resort of Tignes and the choice of piste and off piste was just huge so we definitely explored a good bit. Amusingly every single lunch time we'd ski to the same restaurant on the mountain and have the same pizza there as it was one of the cheapest meals on the mountain - especially what with us being students, every little bit of saved money helps. Surprisingly the resort actually felt quite empty, which was a good thing as a lot of the slopes were nice and empty, although the nightlife did suffer a little subsequently.

Since getting back, I have been totally absorbed making changes to my book, reading and re-reading it before it goes to the printers. I will post details of outlets and how it may be obtained overseas, when they are all firmed up.

Tonight I'm jumping on a plane to Hong Kong which is my transfer airport for flying out to Sydney, arriving there Friday morning! Almost a day in the air! Crazy! I've been looking forward to heading out to Oz a lot and I really am very excited. Especially as it's nice and hot there now too! I'm out there training for the BountyBoat expedition and so I'm sure as team we're going to bond really well which I'm looking forward too.

Right, I suppose I better pack! I'll keep you updated with how the training progresses.

Mike

4 comments:

  1. Dan near Toronto4 February 2010 at 00:58

    OK...so this is a good thing...now I know the time is growing close to start stalking up on Pringles, chocolate and diet Coke for my mini fridge beside my computer chair. The next GREAT adventure is about to begin. This 'training session' Mike, will allow me to fine tune all my supplies required before the actual 'mission' begins. Thanks mate. LOL.

    It's been warm down in OZ lately so hopefully you've taken some sunblock. Say hello to Don for all of us...I sure hope you sneak in a few photos of Don wearing that lovely little hat (rowing video)again. Maybe add the word 'skipper' on the front of it. Also be sure when the actual mission begins, to check Don's pockets for errant rolls of toilet paper...haha.

    Well, all the best for this trip Mike, and keep us posted on how things are progressing down under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike!
    My school are doing about you in literacy.
    You are 'Hero of the month'!
    We are making factfiles on the computer about you.
    Bye,
    Sade
    (Sade isn't my real name)
    PS. Please check out my site! (Its a bit rubbish though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day mate, and sure lots of big successes and Aussie summer-sailing-fun downunder.
    Please take good care and we're following you as usually.
    Timothy + Nadalie + Parents + Grandparents
    from Badhoevedorp near Amsterdam NL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan near Toronto8 February 2010 at 07:47

    Hey Mike...hope you're feeling better really soon. I hear from a reliable source that the nurses are very nice in the Sydney hosital where you're at. Give us a grin Mike! Nice photo in the bed that Don and crew took.
    You sure know how to create an adventure out of a little boat trip...lol.

    ReplyDelete