Wednesday 14 April 2010

Good week to be a teenager

Hi Everybody

Since sending out a press release saying I won't be going on the Talisker Bounty Boat I've been overwhelmed by the messages of support and encouragement. Thanks so much if you sent one.

BIG Thanks for all the lovely comments I've received from people who have read my book. I still can't believe I'm offically an 'author'. One thing that might help my book sales is adding some reviews on Amazon if you don't mind.

Over the last week or so life has actually been a bit quiet for me, mostly enforced by having to take it easy when my tonsils flared up, but now feeling much better.

This week has been a dream week for any teenager – my parents have been away leaving me to eat, sleep and party as much as I wanted.

Tomorrow, I am going on board the TS Jack Petchey, which has been donated by the man himself to allow young people to experience life afloat. Should be fun! It will be good to meet the young people on board who I understand have all won Achievement Awards. www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org.uk

Mike

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mike.
    Better hope your mom and dad don't read this post of yours...LOL. I told your Mom a couple of days ago that I had not heard of any parties going on in Potters Bar, and I think she believed me...haha.
    I've just been over to the Petchey Foundation web site courtesy of Timo's earlier post on his Forum. It looks like an amazing organization, and what a great opportunity for you to get back on the water again if only for a day. I'm sure you had fun at it.
    Sorry to hear of your Mom's little 'spill' while on holiday, but I'm sure that she is a real trooper and won't let it slow her down a bit.
    Your Mom wasn't sure what happened to my order for your book last month, but she and I will look into it upon her return. Following what I'm sure will be a fascinating read, I'd be really chuffed to submit a book review for you at Amazon.
    Thanks for the update mate

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my review on amazon.co.uk. It's supposed to be posted within 49 hours...

    "Mike Perham has written an excellent account of his around the world voyage aboard totallymoney.com, an Open 50 ocean going sailboat, solo...

    Mike's journey is amazing in and of itself, and the book reflects that in his top-notch writing skills. It tells the story of a young man who chooses to chase a dream. The dream is to circumnavigate the world solo and unassisted. Early on, his hopes of doing so vanish as equipment problems force stop after stop in ports around the world. The upside of this is that his father has the opportunity to bond even closer to his son as he flies out to meet him and arrange the necessary repairs, then helps expedite those needs. Mike also has the chance to meet other solo circumnavigators, which, in this writer's opinion, only enhanced his journey. I think he feels the same way, too.

    The book is written by a teenager, a smart one. Mike tells his story in a way that makes all of us want to follow in his footsteps and live our dreams. If you've ever dreamed about living an adventure, get your inspiration and see that it's possible by reading "Sailing the Dream" by Mike Perham!

    Tray Murphy[[ASIN:0593065980 Sailing the Dream]]"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike,
    I will leave a comment on Amazon right away. Your book was awesome. I hope your next adventure will bring a book also. Please do keep writing. You have quite a gift in that regard.
    All the Best,
    Kathy Bend, OR USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI MIKE. I am in the US and I am Sherry's mother. I just ordered your book for her. I may get one for Erin and Michelle also. I am so sorry you are not able to make the trip and I hope you are well soon. I followed your blog everyday on your last voyage. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete